My Covid-19 Clinic Policy
I am very pleased to be getting back to work. Those of you who have seen me before will notice that a few things are different.
One, I have a new clinic space separate from my house now. This makes it easier to ensure a clean and safe space for you.
Two, I will be putting into place guidelines as set out by the College of Massage Therapy of BC, the BC Provinicial Health Officer, and Worksafe BC. These guidelines are in place to help make your RMT visit as safe as possible.
Some of the things that I have implemented:
• All surfaces will be able to be thoroughly cleaned, no clutter, no fabric chairs or surfaces.
• All linens and blankets will be removed and washed between appointments.
• All areas of the clinic will be cleaned between each patient and high touch items such as pens and door knobs will be sanitized.
• Appointments will be spaced far enough apart so that you don’t cross paths with others, and so that I have time to clean between patients
• A hand sanitizer station will be available as soon as you enter the clinic space. As well there is access to a sink where I will ask that you wash your hands for 20 seconds upon arrival.
• Masks are required to be worn during your appointment. I am fully vaccinated and will be wearing a mask as you arrive. You are welcome to bring your own mask and I will have disposable masks available if you need one.
• I will check my own health each day and will not work if I feel even the slightest bit unwell.
• I will be encouraging payment via e-transfer and will give receipts via email where possible.
Things that I will be asking of you:
At the time of booking your appointment I will need to pre-screen you for the following:
1. If you have any symptoms of Covid-19
2. If you have had any contact with someone with Covid-19
3. If you have traveled outside of BC within the last 14 days.
The day before your appointment I will be in touch with you to confirm there are no changes to the pre-screening questions. I will ask that you complete the BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment online.
The day of your appointment if you are experiencing any symptoms of Covid -19 including fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, loss of sense of smell then we will cancel at no cost and I will recommend that you call 8-1-1 to determine the best course of action.
When you arrive for your appointment:
o I will ask you to wash your hands for 20 seconds
o We will stay 6 feet apart until I need to assess you or we begin treatment.
o We will have a chat about the measures I have taken to minimize the risk of exposure to Covid-19, and what you may need in order to feel safe to receive treatment. Verbal consent to treatment will be asked for at this time.
o You can bring your own mask or I can provide a disposable one for you.
o If you could bring your own bottle of water I would appreciate it.
o Please note that I don’t have a waiting room area, so please arrive only 5 minutes ahead of your appointment and I don’t have room for others to accompany you to your appointment.
o Please refrain from touching your face. I can provide you with a tissue if you need to touch your face.
I will be keeping up to date with recommendations and guidelines from the College of Massage Therapy of BC, the BC Provincial Health Officer, and Worksafe BC.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation through these changing and challenging times.